How to Have More Time to Learn a Foreign Language Part 1

Subscribe to this blog in a reader

Most people waste a lot of time on a daily basis. I admit my time-management techniques aren't perfect, but I do what I can to use my time wisely. For example, do you *really* like all those shows you've been watching recently? If you do, that's great. If you don't, it might be time to stop watching so much TV. Or maybe you could try to find a dub of these shows in another language.

 I know some people are against watching a dubbed show just to get some exposure to a foreign language, but sometimes dubs are better than the original. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Hearing your favorite character speak Chinese or French is very interesting anyway. Sometimes they pick the quirkiest voices! Also, I think that watching reality shows in one's native language is a sure-fire way of wasting loads of time that you could be investing into language learning instead. Most American reality shows have been bought by other countries and are dubbed in foreign languages or were adapted for foreign television.

If you can, buy DVDs of reality shows or watch TV in French/German/Japanese. I'm sure you get a lot of foreign TV stations if you have cable TV!


Share this page on social networks such as Digg or Stumbleupon if you like it! The social media icons are below "Share this page" on the right-hand side of the blog. It only takes a couple of minutes!

Subscribe to my blog (RSS feed): http://feeds.feedburner.com/FluentLanguageLearnANewLanguageToday If you like this website, recommend it to your friends!